Friday 3 January 2014

Christmas time, mistletoe and wine


Not long after we found out I was pregnant we decided that we would take a long break to the mainland over Christmas, making the most of me being on maternity leave and the bakery being closed for the winter.

Barney and I had no idea what taking Marcus away for nearly 4 weeks was going to be like. However it turned out even better than we could have imagined.

I have taken so many photos and we have many happy memories. Our first week was spent with my family in Sidmouth. We enjoyed braving the stormy weather for walks along the seafront, wandering around town, impromptu pub lunches and getting out of the house early in the morning to enjoy breakfast in a local cafe. 


Of course most precious was time with family, mainly in front of the fire and sharing Marcus's bath time with granny and grandad. We got to introduce our little man to my old school and university friends and spent a lovely couple of days with my sister and her fiancée jaunting around Devon.





On the 22nd we headed to Shropshire to stay with my in laws. We had the most lovely Christmas with all the family. Eating lots of fantastic food, sitting in front if the fire, enjoying Christmas TV and occasionally venturing out for walks. Jo really did make it magical.


We had a big family party and Marcus got to meet the majority of Barney's family, including his second cousin who is only a few months older than him. New Year was a low key affair but it was very special for us to see in 2014 with Jo, Stuart, Tom, Ellen and Duane. It was also pretty nice not to have a hang over on January 1st for once! 


I was worried being away from home would be unsettling for Marcus. But if anything he has thrived from all of the new experiences and time with his extended family. He has been a complete star. 



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment